Caddies Creek Public School's library is a very dynamic and vital centre of teaching and learning. It is often referred to as the "hub" of our school!
As stated by Professor Ross Todd (2010):
The school library is the school's physical and virtual learning commons where inquiry, thinking, imagination, discovery, and creativity are central to students' information-to-knowledge journey, and to their personal, social and cultural growth.
In accordance with the above statement, the aims of Caddies Creek Public School library are to:
- help equip and empower students as future learners by providing dynamic, relevant, challenging, higher order thinking teaching and learning experiences, which support the school's various teaching and learning programs
- provide a wide range of quality resources and technologies (in a variety of formats), which provide rich information and tools necessary for students to discover, build new ideas, create, present and share their findings and views
- promote students' interest and enjoyment of reading.
Components of the CCPS Library's teaching and learning program
The above aims are based on the effective implementation of:
- Flexible timetabling
- Co-operative Planning and Teaching (CPT) which involves classroom teachers and other support staff working collaboratively with the teacher librarian to plan, resource, implement and evaluate units of work
- the Guided Inquiry (GI) research framework
View 5 minute video of Year 4 Guided Inquiry research (2015) at link: Integrating Guided Inquiry
- Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
- Quality teaching
- Resource based learning, including Information Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Information literacy.
Library staff & opening hours
- Mrs Jenny Scheffers (Teacher librarian Monday - Thursday)
- Miss Lark (Teacher librarian - Friday)
- Ms Kerrie Barfoot (Library Clerical Assistant - Wednesday & Thursday)
- Mrs Bryant (Library Clerical Assistant - Friday)
- student library Monitors from Years 5 - 6
Please feel free to contact the Library staff if you have any concerns or queries.
Extended opening hours:
* Monday & Tuesday 8.45 am - 9 am for students to return and borrow books
* Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8.45 am - 9 am for students to return and borrow books, read, draw and play board games
* Monday – Friday 3pm - 3.15pm for students to return and borrow books